Denmark and Belgium go head to head again after two UEFA Nations League encounters in the autumn as Parken Stadium in Copenhagen stages this Matchday 2 fixture in UEFA EURO 2020 Group B. Singaporean who loves to watch the match of UEFA EURO can find good value EURO Sports Betting odds in any trusted online casino Singapore.
• The Danes went down 1-0 to debutants Finland in Copenhagen on Matchday 1, a game which was suspended due to a medical emergency involving Denmark’s Christian Eriksen. Pierre-Emile Højbjerg had a penalty saved as Denmark’s run of EURO finals defeats stretched to three matches.
• Belgium eased past Russia 3-0 in the other opening Group B game, Romelu Lukaku scoring twice (10, 88) either side of Thomas Meunier’s strike, Meunier becoming the first substitute to score in the first half of a EURO finals match. The win also equalled Belgium’s biggest group stage victory.
• Belgium won both UEFA Nations League matches in 2020, the first of them 2-0 on 5 September at Parken with goals from Jason Denayer and Dries Mertens. The home return, in Leuven on 18 November, was won 4-2, goals from Youri Tielemans and Kevin De Bruyne sandwiching a Lukaku double, while Denmark scored through Jonas Wind and a Nader Chadli own goal.
• Those were the teams’ first encounters since an entertaining friendly in Copenhagen in June 2000, Belgium twice coming from behind at Parken in what served as a warm-up for the UEFA EURO 2000 co-hosts. Jon Dahl Tomasson and, with a penalty, goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel – father of current No1 Kasper – were on target for the Danes, with a Lorenzo Staelens spot kick and Marc Wilmots levelling for Belgium.
• Belgium’s two UEFA Nations League wins mean that the teams are now level in their all-time meetings with six wins apiece and three draws, Belgium having scored 27 goals in those 15 matches to Denmark’s 25.
EURO facts: Denmark
• This is Denmark’s ninth appearance in the UEFA European Championship, but only their second in the past four editions. They were eliminated in the group stage at UEFA EURO 2012, finishing third in their section behind Germany and Portugal with three points from three games.
• The Danes lost to Scandinavian neighbours Sweden in the UEFA EURO 2016 play-offs, going down 4-3 on aggregate (1-2 a, 2-2 h).
• Denmark were winners at EURO ’92, finished fourth in 1964 and reached the semi-finals in 1984. Their most recent knockout appearance came in 2004, when they lost 3-0 to the Czech Republic in the quarter-finals.
EURO facts: Belgium
• This is Belgium’s second successive UEFA European Championship final tournament and their sixth EURO in total.
• The Red Devils’ biggest achievement to date was reaching the final of this tournament in 1980, when they lost 2-1 to West Germany in Rome.
• In 2016, Belgium’s first EURO finals since they co-hosted UEFA EURO 2000 with the Netherlands, a team coached by Wilmots finished second in Group E and beat Hungary 4-0 in the round of 16 – their biggest EURO finals victory – only to suffer a 3-1 quarter-final defeat by Wales.
Latest News Denmark
• The opening loss to Finland was only Denmark’s third defeat in their last 29 matches (W17 D9), the others having 5 Denmark – Belgium Thursday 17 June 2021 – 18.00CET (18.00 local time) Match press kit Parken Stadium, Copenhagen been those two against Belgium in the UEFA Nations League.
• Denmark warmed up for UEFA EURO 2020 by drawing 1-1 against Germany in Innsbruck on 2 June – Youssuf Poulsen scoring the equaliser – and beating Bosnia and Herzegovina 2-0 at home four days later in the Brøndby Stadion, where Martin Braithwaite and Andreas Cornelius were on target. That second encounter brought Denmark their ninth win in 11 games and ninth clean sheet in 12.
Latest News Belgium
• Belgium’s opening 3-0 win against Russia was their joint biggest victory in a EURO finals group game, matching the one by the same scoreline against the Republic of Ireland on Matchday 2 of UEFA EURO 2016.
• Belgium have the most experienced squad at UEFA EURO 2020, their 26 players having combined totals of 1349 international caps and 241 goals – both tallies dwarfing those of their rivals. They also lead the way in figures for competitive internationals (867 appearances, 174 goals) and EURO matches, finals and qualifying combined (300,
• There are four players with 100 or more caps in the Belgium squad – Jan Vertonghen (127), Axel Witsel (109), Toby Alderweireld (109) and Eden Hazard (107) – more than any of the other 23 teams. Dries Mertens, who earned his 99th cap against Russia, will make it five on his next appearance.
UEFA 2020 Betting in Singapore
Sportsbook online Singapore is very famous now, with the majority of racers betting on major events (UEFA EURO cup 2020) and other football leagues. Also, these sites offer a great all-round racing experience by virtue of they offer contradictions from different game books and are well-suited for the mobile platform. However, live casino Singapore , slot Singapore online, online baccarat Singapore , 4D Singapore, and live poker Singapore are all available in any trusted online casino Singapore. Before you start enjoying the games, check out the welcome bonus Singapore and free credit Singapore!