North Macedonia kick off their first ever major tournament in Bucharest against an Austria side who beat them twice in qualifying for UEFA EURO 2020. Malaysian who loves to watch the match of UEFA EURO can find good value EURO Sports Betting odds in any trusted online casino Malaysia.
• While North Macedonia are one of two teams making their EURO debut at these finals, along with Finland in Group B, Austria are taking part for the third time in four editions of the UEFA European Championship and are looking to
reach the knockout stages for the first time.
• The teams had never met before being paired together in qualifying for UEFA EURO 2020, Austria winning both home and away on their way to finishing second in Group G on 19 points, five more than third-placed North Macedonia.
• Austria came from behind to win 4-1 at the National Arena Todor Proeski in Skopje on 10 June 2019, Martin Hinteregger’s 18th-minute own goal having given the home side the lead. Valentino Lazaro (39) equalised before the break and Marko Arnautović’s second-half double (62 pen, 82) put the visitors in charge before an Egzon Bejtulai own
goal four minutes from time wrapped up Austria’s first away win in the section.
• The teams reconvened at Vienna’s Ernst-Happel-Stadion on 16 November 2019, Austria booking their finals place with a 2-1 victory – their sixth win in seven matches. Early goals in each half from David Alaba (7) and Stefan Lainer (48) – his first for Austria – secured the victory, Austria holding on despite Vlatko Stojanovski’s consolation goal on his international debut three minutes into added time.
EURO facts: Austria
• This is Austria’s third EURO finals appearance, all in the last 12 years. Having appeared as co-hosts at UEFA EURO 2008 but failed to win in three games, they qualified for the tournament for the first time at UEFA EURO 2016 but again bowed out without recording a victory.
• Austria’s record in EURO final tournaments is W0 D2 L4 F2 A7.
• At UEFA EURO 2016, Austria finished bottom of Group F, losing to Hungary (0-2) and Iceland (1-2) either side of a goalless draw against eventual champions Portugal.
EURO facts: North Macedonia
• This is North Macedonia’s first final tournament. Before UEFA EURO 2020 they had never finished higher than fourth in their qualifying section for a UEFA European Championship or a World Cup.
• Igor Angelovski’s side were third in Group G behind Poland (25 points) and Austria (19) in their UEFA EURO 2020 section. North Macedonia picked up 14 points from their ten games (W4 D2 L4), level with Slovenia but with a superior head-to-head record despite losing two of their final three matches, away to Poland (0-2) and Austria (1-2).
• North Macedonia qualified for the EURO play-offs having topped their 2018/19 UEFA Nations League section ahead of Armenia, Gibraltar and Liechtenstein, winning five of their six matches (L1) to finish five points clear at the head of the standings.
Latest news Austria
• No fewer than 21 of the 26 players in Franco Foda’s squad played for German Bundesliga clubs in 2020/21. The only one to win silverware was Alaba, who captured a ninth successive league title with Bayern München in his final season at the club before leaving for Real Madrid.
• One of the two home-based players in the squad, Andreas Ulmer, also enjoyed repeat domestic success by winning the Austrian Bundesliga title for the 11th time – and eighth in a row – with Salzburg, to which he added a third successive domestic cup triumph – and eighth in all.
• There was also club success elsewhere in 2020/21 for midfielder Louis Schaub, a Swiss Cup winner with Luzern, and goalkeeper Daniel Bachmann, who achieved promotion to the English Premier League with Watford. The latter made his debut for Austria in that pre-tournament friendly against England.
Latest news North Macedonia
• Arijan Ademi and mid-season signing Stefan Ristovski were Croatian double winners with Dinamo Zagreb in 2020/21. They also helped the club reach the quarter-finals of the UEFA Europa League, each of them starting all six
matches in the knockout phase against Krasnodar, Tottenham and eventual winners Villarreal.
• Other 2020/21 trophy winners in Angelovski’s squad are Egzon Bejtulai, a North Macedonian champion with Shkëndija, Kire Ristevski, a Hungarian Cup winner with Újpest, and Krste Velkoski, who also lifted the domestic cup in Bosnia and Herzegovina with Sarajevo.
• Goran Pandev has made 29 appearances in EURO matches – all qualifiers – a record for a North Macedonia player. Only four of his 37 international goals, however, have come in this competition, which puts him level with team-mate Elmas in the nation’s rankings and one behind joint top marksmen Artim Šakiri and Ilčo Naumoski.
Sportsbook online Malaysia is very famous now, with the majority of racers betting on major events (UEFA EURO cup 2020) and other football leagues. Also, these sites offer a great all-round racing experience by virtue of they offer contradictions from different game books and are well-suited for the mobile platform. However, live casino Malaysia, slot Malaysia online, online baccarat Malaysia, 4D Malaysia, and live poker Malaysia are all available in any trusted online casino Malaysia. Before you start enjoying the games, check out the welcome bonus Malaysia and free credit Malaysia!